How To Purchase Tickets
Our 10th edition of Devour! The Food Film Fest, rebranded as Devour! 9.5, will take place from October 21-25, 2020. While reduced in scope due to the global pandemic, we have devised a hybrid festival of safe and enjoyable socially-distanced, in person activities while also streaming many aspects of this year’s festival.
Tickets are on sale by phone at 1-888-311-9090, through Ticketpro’s website, and at all Ticketpro outlets in Nova Scotia, including:
- Cochrane’s Pharmasave (442 Main Street, Wolfville)
- Wilson’s Pharmasave (100 Station Lane, Kentville)
- Windsor Home Hardware (50 Empire Lane, Windsor)
- Alderney Landing Theatre (2 Ochterloney Street, Dartmouth)
Please note that Ticketpro outlets accept cash or debit only.
Box Office Hours & Location During the Festival
The official Devour! Box Office & Retail Shop will be located in the Devour! Studios at 360 Main Street in downtown Wolfville with the following hours:
Wednesday, October 21, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, October 22, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday, October 23, 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 24, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 25, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Devour! Satellite Box Offices will open 30 minutes prior to main film & event programming in the lobby of the Al Whittle Theatre at 450 Main Street, Wolfville, and at the door of selected event locations.
If you are no longer able to attend a festival event in person (especially if you are feeling unwell and displaying any signs of COVID-19), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within two hours of the event’s start time. All sales for streamed screenings or workshops are final; refunds are not permitted. Tickets are valid only for the event for which they are issued, and cannot be transferred or replaced if lost or stolen.
Festival attendees with tickets are guaranteed admittance until 10 minutes before scheduled start time. At 10 minutes to scheduled show time, all available seats are released to the rush line. The rush line will be seated on a first come, first served basis.
If you are attending the Festival in person as a group of six or more, please let us know so that we can try to ensure your bubble is seated together. We will do the best we can given the pandemic; but there is no guarantee. Please email email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
How To Stream Online Films & Programs
We have opted to stick to a streaming schedule to share our content as far into the world as possible. A small segment of our program is geo-blocked to Nova Scotia and Canada. Our aim is to make this new-to-all-of-us process as easy as possible, so we’ve included guidelines and options below on streaming at festival time. We’re working with a Canadian based streaming service, CineSend. Remember: if all else fails, refresh your browser.
A Step-By-Step Guide:
Step 1: View the program and purchase TICKETS here.
Step 2: You’ll receive an email confirmation and receipt from TicketPro.
Step 3: If watching online, choose your viewing preference:
A. View online at watch.devourfest.com
B. View on Devour! TV app (coming soon!), AppleTV, Roku, FireTV, AndroidTV, Tizen, or WebOS
Step 4: To access your movies, login or follow the link in your confirmation email at the scheduled date and time (films start 15 minutes in advance and you have a 5-hour window to watch, workshops start at their scheduled times and you can watch at your leisure from that point on):
A. TICKET HOLDERS will receive a link to watch their film. Click the link or open the Devour! TV app and submit your unique Voucher Code if prompted.
B. PASS HOLDERS will receive a link to create an account on watch.devourfest.com. Log in via that link or on the Devour! TV app to access all your films in one place.
CineSend On Demand – Customer FAQ
What are the system requirements?
You can watch content on PCs running Windows 7+, Intel-based Macs running OSX 10.12+, Android tablets and phones using Chrome, and on iPhones and iPads using Safari.
What are the requirements for Windows computers?
Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
Supported browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera. We recommend using the latest version of your browser. Internet Explorer is not supported.
What are the requirements for Mac computers?
Mac OSX 10.12 or later
Supported browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera. We recommend using the latest version of your browser.
Can I watch content on my iPhone/iPad?
Yes, you can watch content using Safari on iOS 11.2 or later. You must have “Screen Mirroring” turned off to play content.
Can I watch content on my Android Device?
Yes, you can watch content using Chrome on Android 6.0 or later.
Can I Chromecast content?
You can Chromecast from a Chrome web browser on PC and Mac computers and Android devices by selecting the cast button () in the bottom right-hand side of the player.
Can I AirPlay to my AppleTV?
You can AirPlay from most browsers with Apple TV by selecting the AirPlay button () in the bottom right-hand side of the player.
What happens if I forget my password?
Use the password reset option on the login page to reset your password with the e-mail address you use to log in.
Why does video playback stall or not play smoothly?
We use adaptive bitrate streaming which means the streaming quality will automatically adjust based on your internet speed. If your internet connection is poor or inconsistent you may experience problems during playback. If you’re on WIFI, try moving closer to your router.
Why do I see a black screen if I am watching content with AirPay on my TV?
You likely have “Screen Mirroring” turned on in your device settings. Please turn off the screen mirroring setting and start AirPlay by selecting the AirPlay button () in the bottom right-hand side of the player.
Here’s a handy diagram on the ways to watch:
– Download our dedicated app
On Roku or AppleTV (Gen4 and above)
– Cast from a computer or Android phone/tablet using the Chrome browser to a Chromecast device
– Airplay from a computer, iPhone, or iPad to an AppleTV (Gen 2 and above) or to any Smart TV bearing the “AirPlay” badge
– PCs running Windows 7+
Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera. Internet Explorer is not supported.
– Intel-based Macs running macOS 10.12+
Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera
|Phone / Tablet
– iOS devices (iPhone, iPad)
Use Safari on iOS 11.2 or later
Screen mirroring is not supported, ensure it is turned off in your device settings
– Android devices
This is truly an unprecedented time. We’ve taken a step back with our programming this year and are re-emerging with the best possible version of Devour! We are focused on delivering a safe, meaningful and enjoyable event in a time when people need it more than ever before right here at home in Nova Scotia (one of the safest places on Earth at the moment – three cheers for the Atlantic Bubble!) For those attending our festival in-person, we feel a responsibility to keep you safe. We will be posting all of our COVID-19 safety protocols per venue closer to the event on each event page and at each venue. On-site, our full team will be following all procedures to ensure your safety. Here is some of what you can expect while attending a physically-distanced, in-person event at Devour! 9.5:
Devour! During a Global Pandemic
COVID-19 Policy for Festival Attendees in Person
This is our official policy for Devour! 9.5 as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Devour! is committed to the highest standards of public health and safety for everyone during the COVID-19 pandemic. We strive to stay in line with the Government of Nova Scotia guidelines around gatherings in public spaces:
- Admission at the Al Whittle Theatre and Devour! HQ is denied to anyone with coronavirus symptoms, or who has been in close contact with anyone who has had symptoms within the past 14 days. Attendees will be asked the following questions a the door:
- Have you traveled outside of the Maritime bubble within the past 14 days?
- Are you experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19?
- Contact information (name and phone number) will be on file with each ticker holder, and we will collect this information for any additional ticket sales made at the door.
- Theatre capacity is limited to 40 people with social distancing in place. There will be a designated staff member to seat ticket holders. There will need to be three empty seats between each group within a row. The front row will be left empty to allow for crossover and one way traffic within the theatre.
- Devour! HQ workshop capacity is 50 people, with social distancing measures in place, including clearly marked line-ups and one-way traffic flows.
- Social distancing of 2 metres/6 feet is required for attendees who are not part of a family group or social ‘bubble’.
- Wearing of non-medical masks covering the nose and mouth is mandatory upon entering and exiting the building, when going to washrooms or concessions, and when in the lobby.
- We recommend wearing a non-medical mask while indoors, but it is not mandated that patrons need to wear one while seated for the film or workshop, with proper social distance protocols in place.
- Masks are not required for children under the age of 2, or for those with valid medical reasons
- Disposable masks and hand sanitizer will be available at theatre and HQ entrances, and we will ensure that patrons wear their masks, and request that everyone sanitize their hands before entering.
- Hard surfaces in the seating area will be wiped down with sanitizer between events with audiences at the theatre. This includes door handles, hand railings, seat arm rests and backs.
- Tables, chairs and hard surfaces will be wiped down with sanitizer between workshops, and bathrooms will be checked between each event.
- Anyone not adhering to Covid-19 protocols will be reported to Devour! management, who will address the situation.
- We kindly ask that patrons who become unwell during an event seek a staff member or volunteer immediately. If you become symptomatic on the day of the event prior to an hour before event time, please contact the box office at 1-888-311-9090 for a full refund.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, provincial and local governments and federal and provincial health departments recommend physical distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. Devour! The Food Film Fest (“the Festival”) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, the Festival cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending the Festival could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By purchasing tickets to a Devour! event, you acknowledge the following:
I understand the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending the Festival and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Festival may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Festival employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at the Festival or participation in Festival programming (“Claims”).
On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the Festival, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Festival, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Festival program.
Devour! is monitoring the rapidly changing coronavirus (COVID-19). Devour! is actively engaged with local public health officials to assess the ongoing situation. For more information regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/.