Devour! The Food Film Fest is currently accepting applications for the position of Executive Assistant. Working closely with the Executive Management Team, this administrative role will support all facets of the organization, as they build the annual festival program and an expanding roster of annual fundraising activities. This is an opportunity to be mentored in event management in a rapidly growing environment, with a focus on sponsorship and fundraising fulfillment and support.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Sponsorship Support & Fulfillment– provide administrative support to the Management Team as they finalize all partners, sponsors and donors for the main festival:
- schedule meetings
- maintain sales & sponsorship database
- prepare proposals and finalize all contracts with client signatures,
- provide regular invoicing information to the accountant to ensure timely delivery of revenue
- manage all sponsorship fulfillment by maintaining accurate files and records to ensure that specific details of sponsorship agreements are fulfilled at event time, including: logo & ad placement online, in print and at event, sponsor ads and roll call on screen, signage placement at all events, registration and ticketing.
Fundraising Support– provide administrative support to the Management Team, the Board and the Capital Campaign Committee for Devour! HQ:
- maintain and update all information in the fundraising databases
- schedule all meetings and follow-up as required, ensure the team have all materials they need for their pitches
- support fundraising events on the ground as they develop.
Day-to-Day Operations– provide administrative support to the Management Team as annual and festival programming and events are developed:
- Coordination of facility activities in liaison with event managers
- Program scheduling and logistics
- Board support- minutes, agenda and information gathering, scheduling meetings
- Dependable, professional and personable
- Computer skills and proficiency across a number of programs – Excel, Word, Google Docs, Powerpoint, etc.
- Must be outgoing, positive and assertive and have excellent verbal and communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Time management skills – the ability to balance a wide range of work environments, from working remotely on one’s own to high-pressure event management with a dedicated team of professionals
- Preference will be given to applicants who are recent graduates who have completed a post-secondary program that is defined as a degree or diploma-granting program within 12 months.
Contract Position: Executive Assistant
Organization: Devour! The Food Film Fest (Slow Motion Food Film Fest Society)
Reporting to: Executive Director & Managing Director
Start Date: June 6, 2022
Fee: $35,500.00 per year, full-time
About Devour! The Food Film Fest
Devour! The Food Film Fest is a transformative food and film experience combining cinematic excellence with extraordinary gastronomic activities. The annual festival — the largest food film festival in the world — hosts 100+ events, celebrated filmmakers, and high-profile chefs from around the globe. The 12th Edition of Devour! is slated for October 24-30, 2022. Typically, the annual roster of Devour! activities includes producing 15+ satellite events across Canada and around the world. www.devourfest.com
How to apply:
Please email résumé and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, June 10, no later than 5:00 PM. Devour! The Food Film Fest (Slow Motion Food Film Fest Society) is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you to everyone who applies, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.