Location: Fox Harb'r Resort Date: Friday, May 18, 2018 - Sunday, May 20, 2018 Time: 5:00 pmPrice: $505.00+ per night based on double occupancy - Buy Now
We’re thrilled to be returning to Fox Harb’r for a Devour! Food, Film & Fun Weekend from May 18-20, 2018. Don’t miss our third annual collaborative celebration of culinary and cinema. New this year, an added splash of comedy.
Hosted by CBC personality, stand-up comic, actor and chef Ali Hassan, Devour! Fox Harb’r is, above all, an ideal break for foodies, film buffs and anyone who wants to have laugh-out-loud fun. So, enjoy memorable food & drink, including North Shore, Nova Scotia favorite flavours, in a relaxing, oceanside setting. Celebrate Victoria Day weekend in gourmet style!
The 2018 Devour! Food, Film & Fun Weekend package includes:
- 2 nights’ luxury ocean view suite accommodation
- Friday night “Slice of Life” welcome reception featuring both cocktail bites & cultural comedy from Ali Hassan
- Oceanside campfire with music and gourmet s’mores
- Saturday deluxe hot breakfast buffet
- North Shore Explore trip to Jost Vineyards for a red, white & sparkling wine tasting
- “Chefs’ Cook-off” culinary demo contest
- Saturday’s “The Big Six,” a six-course, collaborative food & short film match-ups dinner feast created by Fox Harb’r Executive Chef Shane Robilliard, Devour! Founder, Executive Director and Chef Michael Howell, and lifelong “Food Guy” Ali Hassan with Nova Scotia wine pairings for each course and comedic films curated by Managing Director Lia Rinaldo in the Cape Cliff Dining Room Menu below!
- Sunday Brunch
Chef Michael Howell – Devour! The Food Film Fest
Chef Shane Robilliard – Fox Harb’r Resort
Comedian/Chef Ali HassanAvailability:
Between Friday, May 18 and Sunday, May 20, 2018.Rates:
Rates start from $505.00+ per night based on double occupancy in a Studio Suite.
Subject to hotel availability. Package must be booked as a minimum 2-night stay – May 18 & 19, 2018.
Bio- Ali Hassan
Ali Hassan is best known as a Canadian stand-up comic, writer, actor, and radio and television personality. CBC fans will recognize him as the past lead panellist on George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight, the returning host of the annual battle-of-the-books competition, Canada Reads, the weekly host of Laugh Out Loud and a recent Q guest host.
The first seed of his chef sideline was planted when he dissed his mother’s school lunch Kraft Singles and tomato sandwiches. Hassan’s culinary chops have included owning a restaurant, cooking for benefit galas, catering, and hosting his own online cooking channel, Bland Is Boring. www.standupali.com