The Ultimate Food Film Winter Getaway
The world’s largest culinary film festival is taking its show ‘down south’. For four nights, Devour! The Food Film Fest will set up shop at the beautiful Green Turtle Club Resort & Marina. Combining cinematic excellence with extraordinary gastronomic activities, Devour! organizers will treat guests to a VIP food and film experience with access to all Devour! the Beach events over the course of five days. Enjoy a transformative food and film winter getaway to this piece of paradise while being inspired to create a deeper connection to food.
This second edition of Devour! The Beach is brought to you by our partners:
Angel Betancourt (The Ocean Club – A Four Seasons Resort, Nassau, Bahamas)
Michael Blackie (NeXT, Ottawa, Canada)
Clayton Carnes (Cholo Soy Cocina, West Palm Beach, Florida)
Tim Tibbitts (Flying Fish Gastropub, Freeport, Bahamas)
Michael Howell (Green Turtle Club Resort & Marina’s own Executive Chef)
Sommelier Rebecca Tibbitts (Flying Fish Gastropub, Freeport, Bahamas)
- Celebrity Chef Arrivals
- Guest Arrivals
6:00 pm Welcome Reception, Meet the Chefs
- 12:00 pm Culinary Demonstrations: How to Cook Fish Perfectly – Learn how to make the perfect grilled fish and two other fish preparations from our guest chefs. Three small tastes of perfectly prepared fish.
- 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm Welcome reception sponsored by Jim Beam Brands with celebrity mixologist
- 6:00 pm – 6:20 pm Junkanoo parade for authentic taste of Bahamian Culture
- 6:20 pm – 9:00 pm Rolls into Bourbon & Barbeque Party. Visiting chefs man BBQ stations – lobster, fish, burgers & brisket. Local fisherman with fresh conch salad station. Drinking films and bbq films as digital decor during party and a screening of Barbeque in the Club’s Dining Room.
- 10:30 am – 1:00 pm Expedition into New Plymouth (Includes Goombay Smash from the famous Miss Emily’s Blue Bee Bar) and a walking tour of historical sites
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Abaco Chowder Competition in New Plymouth Invite town and regional restaurants to participate in a friendly competition Charity Fundraiser for Every Child Counts. Donations accepted.
- 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm Devour! The Beach Gala Chefs and Shorts Dinner – Five Chefs, Five short films, Five delicious courses inspired by the movies.
- 9:30 pm – 12:00 am Live Music & fun at the Club
- 8:30 am – 10:30 am Bloody Mary Brunch
- 11:00 am – 4:00 pm Party Boat island hopping to feed Swimming Pigs on No Name Cay and Munjack Cay to feed wild stingrays and sharks. Fresh caught fish tacos served on the beach for this adventurous lunch.
- 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm Outdoor movie screening of the film CHEF on the patio or Indoor screening with music outside. Cuban sandwiches, Fish Po-Boys, brisket sandwiches and popcorn for dinner to eat while watching film
- 9:00 am – 11:00 am Celebrity Chef Departures.
Optional add-on of extra days for fishing or diving trips.
VIP Pass & Room Package Rates
Includes All-Access Pass to every Devour! The Beach Event, VAT & all Gratuities. Includes Waterfront or Club Room accommodation based on double occupancy, inclusive of all service charges and taxes.Space is limited so call or email the Green Turtle Club to secure your Devour! The Beach spot now. Club staff is happy to facilitate travel to this special destination.